Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Sodom and Gamorrah of the 21st Century

Today, just like most of my days, has been a day of distractions, attractions, trials, and triumphs.  As I grow each day, I do take the time to think about many things.  I am observant, inquisitive, out spoken, and  fierce in all that I pursue.  I must say, I am not, and will not become accustomed to the very many outwardly disrespectful so called people of God.  It is known that God is a God of love and forgiveness. He is not a God that takes lightly to people taking advantage of His word, or twisting His word to justify their own actions.  It is true that God can speak to and through whomever He pleases and whomever is receptive to His voice.  But, just because you KNOW the word, does not eliminate your accountability to LIVE the word.  When much is known, much is required.  This brings me to the point of my aggravation.  I viewed a clip of the Lexi Show.  Lexi interviewed an openly gay couple who are pastoring a church in Atlanta , Georgia.  The Pastor is a Bishop, and his partner is referred to as the First Gentleman.  Really? We are all aware that there is one unforgivable sin, but homosexuality is not a sin, it is an abomination.  There is a difference.  The reaping is different, and it takes a much greater spiritual effort to be delivered from such a thing.   Let's not confuse what it means to sin, what it means to ask for forgiveness, and what it means to continue to do what we are doing with no remorse.  I am not homophobic, I have friends and family who are gay, but just as a liar needs to sincerely ask for forgiveness, so does homosexuals.  Accept who you are, for the time being, but recognize when you need to bind and rebuke your own spirits.  I love  everyone.  Regardless of their race, religion, or sexual orientation.  But, just because the world has become so accepting of so many sins, does not mean that God is.  God is the same God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  Are we becoming the Sodom and Gamorrah of the 21st century?  Watch the clip below, and decide for yourself.  Living, loving, and loving some more.  carry on


No comments:

Post a Comment