Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Educating the Ignoramuses

Before I begin, I must say that I am not usually one that blogs about anything negative.  I take pride in the positive insight that I give to my readers.  But, this is one thing that I have got to get off my chest.

The below article really pissed me off.  I am sick and tired of well to do WHITE people trying to tell us what we need to do to get to where they are, or want to be.  It needs to be said, unless you have lived it, you have no business talking about it.  I will use myself as an example for the sake of educating the ignoramuses who think they can just CREATE a solution that will solve our issues.

I was raised in a middle class family.  Yes, I intended an inner city school.  I was smarter than the average student, and I still am.  I am an educated black women.  I have extensive experience, and a very strong technical background.  I am a single parent of three girls.  All three of my children graduated High School as members of the National Honors Society, which I was also a member of.  I have been unemployed for the last 9 months, despite my education and experience.  I submit at least 100 resumes every week, consistently, and I very rarely get called for an interview.  Yes, the economy is bad, but the bottom line is that if I were a white woman, or if my name did not hint that I am a black woman, I would be employed by now.  The issues can not be outlined in black and white, but the issues are black and white.  It is sad to say, but an employers desire to have a diverse workforce is not what it should be.  Many white people are intimidated by black people just because we are black.  I know this from experience.  I have worked in several environments where I was almost, if not the only, black person I would see throughout the entire day.  I was able to connect with my co workers on a personal level, and they made it very clear that they were intimidated, if not afraid, of black people.  This is something that needs to be recognized.  I do not walk around with a chip on my shoulder, but I am not ignorant to the issues at hand.

Please click on the below link and read the article
If I Were a Poor Black Kid...Well You are Not
Living, loving, and loving some more.   carry on

1 comment:

  1. Is this a blueprint for the inner city black child? Get the Hell out of town. If this jacka-- is so smart; did he factor in the devastation that this kind of living has on a child mentally, physically, emotionally, and psychologically? Get a grip Mr. White America and realize that blacks will never have the same opportunities as whites!!! I wish that he could actually experience this as a black man... Then what? He'll most likely commit suicide...

    ReplyDelete