Friday, November 18, 2011

Friends

It amazes me how the simplest conversations can have such a grave impact on the way you think, the way you feel, and the way you view life in general.  God opens our understanding, and he puts people in our lives as confirmation of some of these things.  When someone takes the time out to motivate you to live out your dreams, or even fantasies, that you have hidden from the world, it is something to be appreciative of.  We need to encourage each other, we need to support each other, and we need to love each other.  True friends are there for you when times are good and when times are bad.  Friends will accept you regardless of the things they think they know about you.  They will continue to accept you when they find out things that they would never have imagined about you.  Being yourself can be hard, even for the strongest of us. We never know how people are going to act or react to the things about us that are not so obvious.  I appreciate you for accepting me, and for helping me to accept myself.  Embracing the things about me that are not common, or that may be viewed as strange and peculiar, has made you adore me even more. I adore you, I adore our conversations, I adore the strength you give me.  I look forward to being more than just...your friend.  carry on

2 comments:

  1. Very touching and true. There are special people in our lives that we label as friends. However, we still don't divulge certain things to this individual (friend). We only come into contact with very few friends in our lifetime. May it be a girlfriend, boyfriend, sibling, minister, etc., you have to be careful who wears this title. We can still grow/learn from everyone, but the lesson that we learn is essential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, Sissy. Essential lessons are essential for life, living, and the ability to love. We can learn so much from each other. carry on

    ReplyDelete